ICSE is the ‘Council for The Indian School Certificate Examinations.’ It is a non-governmental education board and conducts a series of exams by the CISCE board for students up to Class 10. It is a prestigious academic choice for students and is known for its rigour, strict internal assessments, and thorough (but expansive) coverage of syllabus in different subjects.
Why ICSE over other educational boards?
Think about your child’s strengths and weaknesses and consider your options accordingly.
If you have made up your mind on choosing an ICSE school in Bangalore for your kid, then here are the following things that you should check on before taking admission.
- Top ICSE Schools in Bangalore tend to focus on children who have a good knowledge of the English language as ICSE syllabus is drafted to be focused in English language only.
- In terms of difficulty, ICSE schools top over other boards as the ISCE syllabus targets to groom and check students on multiple assessments and concepts that are taught in the classroom and extend it to practical lessons as well. Most of the schools focus only on academics, while ICSE hinges to the core values of overall development of a student which is why ICSE syllabus is tougher than other educational boards.
- ICSE’s huge advantage lies in its syllabus. The contents of the ICSE syllabus is geared towards competitive exams, and in fact, even popular engineering and medical entrance exams are based on its subject-syllabi.
- If your ambitions are to train your child for international studies and career, then ICSE takes a leap over other boards here. ICSE wins in terms of international exposure and popularity. Many schools and colleges placed their trust in ICSE schools because of their depth and expansiveness of the syllabus taught.
In simple words, if you are willing to train your child for International Olympiads, and exams like GRE etc. then ICSE is a perfect fit.
- If you have a job for which you have to change cities frequently then ICSE may not be the perfect fit for your child since there aren’t a lot of ICSE schools in the country. If you are planning to settle in a city for the next 5 to 10 years then choose ICSE otherwise not.
- In ICSE, your child is graded for each subject with numeric scores. If your child is competitive in academics, or you want to keep in check how your ward is performing in academics than ICSE is the one you should look for. In most of the other educational boards, the students are graded and grouped accordingly which does not allow the parents to check the exact performance of their child.
- If you think that your child has a knack of loves learning and his brain is constantly on the move, then ICSE is a perfect choice for your child. International schools in Bangalore offering ICSE provides a huge variety of subjects including literature, science, fashion designing, home science, environmental science, agriculture for innovative minds. ICSE allows you choices that best suits for your kid. If your kid has an aspiration to become a professional visual artist, an athlete or even a scientist, ICSE is a perfect choice.
- ICSE holds a strict moral for not allowing other private candidates to appear for the exams. In case of CBSE, it’s not the same, CBSE allows students from other boards to appear for the exams, like SSC, or any other state or CBSE boards.
In case of a student changes his/her board then CBSE allows them entry, while ICSE does not.
- ICSE syllabus is advanced in terms of other educational boards. In most of the other educational boards where Computer Fundamental are taught to students in 3rd grade, ICSE students are taught basic fundamentals of coding. By the time any other students have their first hands-on programming, the ICSE students have already mastered it.
- ICSE students have multiple papers for every single subject, and it is mandatory for the students in all the respective papers without fail. For example, an ICSE student has to study 2 papers for English, Mathematics, Social Science and so on.
As a parent, it is your responsibility to understand your child and help him choose and target the right education for him. Because the right education will always lead your child to the right career path. Know your child’s strengths and weaknesses and guide him properly.
For more information visit: http://rbia.in/