Google makes claiming your place a very simple and instantly forward process. It only takes a couple of minutes. In preparation for our new office, Today prepared recently went through the process. Here’s how we did it:
1. Go to Google Places – Navigate to the Google Places homepage (http://www.google.com/places/) and chose Get Started under “Getting your business found on Google.” Once there, you will need to login with your Google Account.
2. Check For Your Business – Google Places is organized like a traditional phone directory would be, so the first thing Google will want you to do is search for your phone number. It is possible that Google has already created a basic Google Places profile of your business. The phone search will tell you if that is the case.
3. Adds Your Basic Information – The next page will allow you to add or revise your official business details. Your basic information will include address, phone number, email address, company description, and website. We recommend filling out all of these fields.
4. Add Your Hours of Operation – For retail or customers service locations, Google allows you to add a full listing of your office hours.
5. Add Photos & Videos – You can add photos and videos about your business to help potential customers understand what you do. You will, at minimum, want to add your logo to this area. If you have an information video about your company, be sure to add that as well. You don’t need to go crazy, but giving potential leads a feel for who you are can be a great advantage. The more you add, the more you will stand out.
6. Add Additional Details – Google provides a great area to add additional details about your business. In this area, we suggest listing services offered or brands carried if you are a retail location. This area can be full of great SEO content that will help Google link you to relevant searches. Again, the more information the better.
7. Submit For Review & Confirmation – Once you have competed your profile of information, you will need to enter the review and confirmation process. In this process, Google will physically mail a card to your location. This card will contain a confirmation code that you will need to enter. While tedious, this process is in place to ensure that no one but you can claim your Google Place.
Please follow and like us: