SEO is the process of getting your website listed in the Google search results.
But there is another way to rank in the search results.
Google My Business Pages
In the image you see two organic search results, then a map with businesses listed and Google Map icons. These map type results are known as Google Places or My Business Pages.
As of December 2015, these types of search results are showing up for just about every local search term. Mean if you search a product or service and your city name in Google, you’ll see Google Places or My Business pages with the map showing where they’re located. These search results are the exact same if someone were to search for businesses via Google maps.
Google’s latest algorithm Pigeon which is focused on user proximity. In many ways, Pigeon provides an easier way to rank at the top of Google. Instead of investing in local SEO to rank your website, you can follow the steps in this post and rank your My Business page.
And I’m going to tell you what it takes to get your business listed and ranked in the “1st ” position in a couple of paragraphs.
Benefits of Optimizing your Google Places Page
• Visually see your location
• Find your contact details fast
• See your business hours
• Learn what others have to say about you
• Quickly find directions to your location
• See what your store looks like since you can add photos and even videos
Some of the other benefits of correctly optimizing your page are:
• Links your website to your Local page
• Increases your business’s exposure and search traffic
• You have full control over your business details and changing them
How to get Higher Rank a Google Places Page?
Here is what you will need to do:
1. Find out if your business is listed already
2. Create your listing if it isn’t listed
3. Claim your listing if it is listed
4. Optimize your Places page
5. Get your business listed in directories
6. Get people to review your business
Please follow and like us: