IndianMoney Reviews Filing Complaint against Builder in Consumer Forum


There are plenty of complaints against builders and developers. Non delivery of possession certificate is one of the biggest complaints against builders. Poor quality construction, leakage in ceiling, low quality electric wiring, improper drainage system, and delay in handing over the apartment are some of the other complaints.

They are plenty of ways builders can cheat you. A common unfair practice is insertion of a penalty clause which favors builders. All rules and penalties are for customers and none for builders. A buyer could be charged a penalty of 18% on delayed payments when buying an apartment. The builder clause has a penalty of just 1-2% for the builder in case of late delivery.

What to learn on residential land and residential apartments? We at will make it easy for you. Just give us a missed call on 022 6181 6111 to explore our unique Free Advisory Service. is not a seller of any financial products. We only provide FREE financial advice/education to ensure that you are not misguided while buying any kind of financial products.

Indian Money Reviews Filing Complaint against Builder In Consumer Forum

The Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA) Act, 2016, is a boon to buyers of residential apartments. For buyers it gets better and better. Consumer Courts and Consumer Forum’s look into customer grievances even if the real estate purchase is less than a Crore. You enjoy protection under the Consumer Protection Act, 1986, even for real estate projects.

SEE ALSO: How to Handle Customer Complaints A Review By Indian Money

Steps to file complaints In Consumer Court:


Before filing a complaint with consumer court, send a notice to the builder. This may be because of deficiency in service or any unfair practices. You are giving the builder a chance to rectify the error by giving you compensation. If the builder doesn’t care about the notice, approach the consumer court.


Submit a formal complaint under Consumer Protection Act, 1986The complaint form must have all facts (this is necessary to take action), and must be submitted to the commission.

File the complaint in the district forum where the office of profit (area where the real estate project is located) is under the jurisdiction. Make sure details of the complaint and the faulty party are included. Specify compensation costs and relief amounts sought in the complaint. Sign at the bottom of the complaint.

If you want to post a review on any company you can post it on review and complaint portal



Please follow and like us:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *