Structural pallet racks are most suited for bulk and high-density storage requirements in warehouses. They are manufactured using high quality structural steel. This gives them unmatched strength and durability even in the most demanding applications.
Nearly every major warehouse needs to install these racks to effectively manage inventory. The goods are usually stored at multiple levels in several rows of horizontal racks. Some places where you would commonly find such racks being used include warehouses, retail facilities, manufacturing units, logistics centres and so on.
The stored goods are accessed with the help of a forklift truck. Hence, it is important to consider this aspect when designing and installing these racks. Forklifts should gain easy access for both loading and unloading the stored goods.
The materials used in manufacturing are paramount to their superior performance over extended periods of time. Currently, these systems are the most efficient ones for high density storage. In fact, higher the density of the pallet racks, the less expensive their procurement becomes. Pallet Racks for Sale tends to be slightly more expensive. It is recommended that while installing keeping in mind the projected expansion of your storage requirements.
Pallet Rack Beams are usually preferred over roll formed pallet racks because the former has a higher load-bearing capacity. Here are some other advantages of these racks:
- They are more flexible in that their configuration can be altered and changed according to your changing needs.
- They provide complete access to the stored goods from both sides of the rack.
- They are installed in several different configurations. These include deep, double deep, push back, and so on.
- Beams that are aged or defective can be easily replaced in short turnaround times. However, replacements are often not required.
- These racks can be set up to cover thousands of square feet of space. They are the most preferred rack types for tall racking systems.
- While these racks cost a marginal 10% -15% more than pallet shelving options, the performance, durability, and flexibility of such racks makes up for the extra cost factor.
Since this process requires a considerable amount of expertise, it is highly recommended that you engage the services of a reputable and experienced pallet rack manufacturer.