Flight ticket booking has become so easy these days that very often we end up making careless errors if we are not concentrating well enough and reading the fine print carefully. To book a flight, all you really need to do is to go to a website which offers reliable and cheap air fares, access to air tickets for a host of airlines and good customer services. But, at the same time, there are some common mistakes which passengers tend to make when doing flight ticket booking. Some of these commonly made errors are as follows:
- One of the most commonly made mistakes during flight ticket booking is overlooking the time and date of travel particularly when the flight takes off after midnight and there is a date change as a result. Moreover, when you must take a flight very early in the morning your commute to the airport can be a challenge.
- Just like in the case of departure, the flight arrival timing is also equally important to consider when doing flight ticket booking. You should ideally choose to buy tickets for a flight which takes you to the destination at a time that is not going to prove inconvenient for you in any way. This is true in situations where you may be traveling to a destination in a remote location and getting a taxi at odd hours may be quite difficult. You may even find yourself stuck outside a small airport which could have closed for the night.
- During flight ticket booking, another very common error which one tends to make is getting the wrong city. In a hurry to avail of the cheapest offers, you may actually choose an airport that may be quite a distance from the city you are traveling to.
- When booking tickets for a flight you need to evaluate the costs of transport to the hotel from the airport. For this, you must ideally plan in advance. When you are going to a big city, you will get many modes of public transport even at odd hours but if you are planning a holiday to an exotic location, you may have to depend on shuttle service which must be pre-booked. Else, you will have to book these for much higher rates once you arrive at the airport.
- When doing flight ticket booking, it is hard to be certain that you are indeed getting the best travel deals. The search engines can help you view dates when you are likely to get the lowest fares. You can subscribe to alerts for fare which will send you emails every time the fare comes down. When you have flexible timing, you can easily get the best deals. But, if you do not plan well, you can actually end up waiting at the airport for hours without a transit visa to go around the city where you have halted. Again, a transit visa may not be free of cost. So, it is important to ensure that the layover hours are not absurdly long and booking a stopover is recommended only where there is ample time left for boarding the next flight.
- Finally, when you are booking tickets you must double-check to make sure there is no baggage limits other than the usual ones. When you carry excess luggage, you will be expected to pay more for these. And, at times, this charge can actually surpass your ticket fare.
Please follow and like us: