There are a number of reasons for which you might require the services of an Orange County electrician. Here are the top reasons to call an electrician.
- The frequent tripping of our electric circuit breaker or the blowing up of your fuse. This might indicate that your circuits are drawing more current than they can safely provide.
- The frequent flickering of lights. Many motor-driven appliances draw lots of current. They should hence be wired on dedicated circuits.
- If your living room looks like a snake farm with wires running under the rugs and furniture, it is indicative of a dangerous condition. If some of those wires are extension cordsthe outlets you have may be at too large a distance from each other. This usually indicates the requirement of additional outlets.
- Many older homes have outlets that only accept two prong pins. This might indicate that there is no proper grounding, putting you at a risk.
- There are several cases where the old standards shouldn’t be used. For example, in older houses, wires may be made of cloth instead of plastic. This kind of insulation is insuffiecient for modern day electrical needs.
- Do you get a warm, tingly feeling all over? Do outlets, switches or other electrical- system surfaces feel warm when you touch? Do you get a mild shock from a switch or an outlet? The problem might simply be too much demand on the circuit. However it could also be something far more complicated and dangerous. If your home was built or wired during the period from 1965 to 1975, there’s the possibility it has aluminium wiring. If it does, be sure to have it checked regularly.
- It is important for wet locations such as kitchens, baths and utility rooms, as well as grounded areas like your basement to have outlets protected by Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters, or GFCIs. Easy retrofit installation will make your home safe.
If you begin to notice rust or moisture on or under your home’s main service panel, it could be sign that something’s going wrong. Deterioration at the panel threatens the main wiring connections within, and it could also indicate similar problems throughout your electrical system.
If your Orange County home is more than 25 years old, it is important to have an electrician orange county inspect it to ensure it follows basic standards. This is necessary for your safety as well as that of your family. It is a small step that can go a long way to make your life safe and comfortable at an affordable cost, so make sure you get it done.
Please follow and like us: